Monday, December 10, 2012

Advent Day 10: Lights

Advent Calendar Day 10:

Today's theme is Lights.  I love looking at Christmas lights, especially when it's snowing.  I chose these two polishes because they reminded me of looking at twinkling Christmas lights on a snowy night.  I did a glitter gradient to represent the hanging icicle lights.  I really love the way this manicure turned out.  I used two of my new polishes:  Orly Tiara which is a very glitter dense polish with silver glitter and Orly Space Cadet which is a really cool duochrome polish.  I used two coats of Space Cadet and did one coat of Tiara with a small second coat at the end of the nail. 



The verdict:

Tiara: A really great silver glitter.  The formula was not too thick and it had a generous amount of glitter per swipe.  It didn't get clumpy and you don't have to dig in the bottle for glitter.  A great staple.
Space Cadet: This is such a cool polish.  In the store I thought it looked blue, then at home it looked pink and then purple.  In the pictures, it has a purple copper quality.  It's a little pricier at $10 but I'd say it's well worth it for the cool factor.





No comments:

Post a Comment