Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hard Candy: Candy Sprinkles

Hard Candy Swatches: Cocoa Smore and Gummy Green

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday!  Halfway through the week.  Now that I'm older I really understand the meaning of "working for the weekend"  :)  It's true, so true!  I had never heard of Hard Candy polishes before but recently saw swatches and couldn't pass them up.  I went to my local Walmart and was shocked that they had them.  I was so surprised haha.  I picked up Cocoa Smore and Gummy Green which are both from the Candy Sprinkles Collection.  Candy Sprinkles recently came out with 45 new polishes (45!) and these are my picks (well....my wallet's picks). 

First up is Cocoa Smore.  It is a tan taupe sheer base with black and silver glitter throughout.  I mean, it pretty much is exactly the color of a smore...brown graham cracker, delicious chocolate, and fluffy marshmallow.  Who wants a smore now?  I do, I do!  I used two coats below, no topcoat.  The formula was really good and smooth.



Next up is Gummy Green.  This polish has a milky mint green base with black and silver glitter.  I couldn't help but get this one.  It reminds me SO much of mint chocolate chip ice cream which happens to be my favorite ice cream flavor ever.  Especially the ones with the shaved chocolate flakies and not the giant chocolate chunks.  Enough of that yummy tangent.  I loved this polish.  It wasn't thick, it wasn't thin, just perfect.  I used two coats, with no topcoat.




2 comments:

  1. Haha working for the weekend, yep that's life all right. :-)
    The green one is cute... it reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream too! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've seen of the new Hard Candies, these would probably be my two top picks too, and they look adorable on you! Also, I'm hungry now. :P

    ReplyDelete