Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pinspiration: 90's Abstract Mani

Hi everyone and welcome to all the new followers.  Today I have a funky mani that I was quite proud of.  I found an image on pinterest this weekend and immediately knew that I wanted to re-create it on my nails.  Here is the image:
Ashley Goldberg
Source

I love working with bright colors and I thought this was such a fun and interesting look. I really had fun doing this because it was like working on a tiny painting.  For this look I used one tool, a very small nail art brush and a ton of nail polish colors.  I forgot my list at home but some of the colors used are Zoya Jacqueline (for the base), Essie Splash of Grenadine (purple), Essie Mochachino (tan), Essie The More the Merrier (lime green), Zoya Thandie (orange), Essie Go Overboard (dark teal), China Glaze Exotic Encounters (medium teal), Essie Mojito Madness (medium green), and OPI Jade is the New Black (darker green).  Whew!  I hope you enjoy!





7 comments:

  1. I like this pattern, very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Abstract nails are very in right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this mani is so interesting and cool! I love your inspiration, and I think you did a fantastic job with the pattern on your nails. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did recreate that!! How amazing! Love those colors too. Wow.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete