Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pinspiration: San Francisco Pastels-Two Looks



Two looks inspired by San Francisco

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday!  Today I have my very first "Pinspiration" post.  I like to browse pinterest in my free time and I saw this picture that was taken in San Francisco.  I love the brightness and the interesting mix of colors.  So I decided to turn it into two different manicures.

colors of San Francisco

You can see my original pin here.

First up is my geometric-ish design.  I started with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Coral Crush.  I took my painter's tape and created a horizontal stripe with Julep Clara, a soft peachy color.  I then did a vertical stripe with China Glaze Sunday Funday and finished off with the top horizontal stripe in Essie Naughty Nautical.




For my second look, I started with a base of Essie Mint Candy Apple.  I then used tape to create some simple stripes with Maybelline Coral Crush and Essie Haute As Hello.




I actually quite liked both designs and wore the second one for my doctor's appointment and trip to Chicago last week.  Which design do you prefer?  I had fun with this idea of a pinspiration mani and already have a few ideas for the next one!

18 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the house! I've never been to San Fran but everytime I see those houses it makes me think of Full House! I like both manis and the polishes you used for the two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like this! Funky stripes and awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is gorgeous, and the inspiration is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh I LOVEEEE the first look so much! So unique too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are BOTH absolutely stunning! The colors are perfection together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Heather :) I think the colors are so pretty together!

      Delete
  6. Well, speaking as a local, I can say you've done SF proud. :)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky dog! <- see what I did there haha. That's such a cool place to live, I've visited once and loved it :)

      Delete
  7. I love both of these! They are absolutely fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of the designs! Although I think I prefer the second one's color combination - it's so art deco and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the color combo!! So summery and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stripes are amazing! Did you freehand them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both manis are just fantastic! I love your inspiration and the colors you chose are just perfect. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete