Friday, October 11, 2013

Julep Cleopatra and Valerie: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone, happy Friday!!!  I apologize for the seemingly boring swatch posts the past couple of days.  I've been under the weather but am still going to work so I've just been posting some swatches that I already had done.  Case in point....my nails are nakey today!  That is definitely not something I am used to.  I'm pretty sure it's due to the changing seasons here in the midwest.  If you aren't familiar with midwest weather, we go from freezing our butts off in the morning to sweating our butts off in the afternoon, usually with a thirty to forty degree difference between the morning and the afternoon.  And that is why I have a cold :)  

Anyways...today I have another two simple swatches which came from my Julep box last month.  I usually choose It Girl which has three polishes, but this month I went with Bombshell.  This month came with a double ended eyeliner which included black and brown.  For some reason, unknown to me, I don't own a brown eyeliner (yet I own purple, navy, and teal) so I didn't mind having the eyeliner instead of an extra polish.
 

First up is Cleopatra.  I was really excited when I saw the polishes this month because I don't own anything close to either of these.  Cleopatra is a "black latex" polish which to me means that it's in between a glossy cream and a mattified polish.  It's matte but it still has some shine if that makes any sort of sense.  I'm just going to go out there and say it....I feel like a badass when I wear this polish!  I just love it and I think it's going to be perfect for Halloween.  I used two easy coats for this polish.




The second polish I received was Valerie.  I was equally excited to see this polish because of it's unique color.  Valerie is a very blue leaning deep green with great gold shimmer.  I've never seen a polish like this and I think the color is fantastic.  One more thing about Valerie...she's a one coater!  I used one coat with no topcoat for my photos.



Overall I was really pleased with my Julep box this month, I actually think it's been my favorite so far :)  And...happy feel of the day....I just got the news that my grandma's cat who has been missing for several weeks was found and is now back home.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. both are very unique, i love cleopatra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cleopatra. Seriously gorge.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both so pretty! great swatches :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete