Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Dotticure: Bright and Dark

Hi everyone, happy Sunday.  Hopefully your weekend is going well.  We are supposed to get a huge snowstorm today so we are hunkered down in our house.  I plan on relaxing, finding something to watch on Netflix, and having a huge swatch fest.  

Today I have the first semblance of nail art for quite some time.  When I'm really busy I just end up painting my nails a solid color for the next day, but I really like how this one turned out.  I am really into Spring pastels right now, but I've been trying to hold off because it is clearly still Winter here.  I thought this was a good combination of the two.


For the thumb and ring finger, I started with a base of OPI Shorts Story, which is a bright, cool pink.  I taped off my triangles with blue painter's tape, and added a triangle with Zoya Payton, which is a deep maroon holographic polish.  I finished off with dots in OPI Taupe-less Beach.

For the three other nails, I started with Zoya Payton and finished off with dots in OPI Shorts Story and OPI Taupe-less Beach.



Are you ready for Spring?  I know I am ;)

5 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm a huge fan of polka dots too :) I'm totally ready for Spring to come too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo here! Looks adorable! I like to watch netflix on laptop while swatching, but it slows down everything! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the colour combination and the contrast of Payton and the polka dots is stunning! I can't wait for spring either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, nice variation there on the ring finger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful combination of polishes! I love this whole mani!

    ReplyDelete