Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Glitter & Nude Stripes

Hi there everyone, happy Hump Day.  Man it's been a boring week, I wish I had something more interesting to report :)  Basically it's been having a migraine at work each day, then going home and recovering trying to lessen the migraine.  My eye is feeling better but the headaches still persist.  Despite the pounding head, I got home yesterday and wanted to do some nail art inspired by my nail of the day which was Essie Urban Jungle and OPI Save Me. 

I wanted to mimic the glitter colors in OPI Save Me, especially the bar glitters, so that's where I went.  Obviously I used my nail of the day as a base and then I cut little strips of blue painter's tape to create the stripes.  For the bottom stripe I used OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam!, the middle stripe is OPI The World is Not Enough, and the top stripe is OPI Gone Gonzo!  I finished off with one coat of Seche Vite and that's all she wrote!





I ended up really loving this look and it was surprisingly easy to create despite how blingy it is  :)  I really like how the accent nail ties everything together and OPI Save Me is one of my favorites despite the bar glitter.  What's your favorite glitter polish and do you like this look?

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love the combination of the textures and the colors :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AWESOME, may be my favorite look of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love the mix of colors you used for the stripes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice! I will try the look. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete