Friday, June 20, 2014

OPI Swatch Spam-Color to Diner For, Funky Dunkey, and Shorts Story

Hi there guys, happy Friday.  Woo, finally Friday :)  I got my wish of my eye exam this afternoon which means a half day of work for me.  I plan on doing some grocery shopping and checking out the makeup at Ulta before my appointment.  I'm excited for that.  I also plan on filming today as well.  I'm really trying to get myself on a schedule of filming and uploading three videos a week.  I have one more for tomorrow so this is the first week I will have accomplished that :)

Today I have some OPI swatch spam for you.  Originally it was going to be a mish mash of a ton of different brands but that seemed a little funny so I opted to go with just three polishes.  

The first polish I have is one that I recently picked up at a Marshall's for half off normal price.  It's not a color I would normally wear but I didn't have it in my collection so I picked it up.  Oh boy did I fall hard for this color.  Color to Diner For is from the Fall 2011 Touring America Collection and it's a shimmery maroon red.  I can safely say I'm in love with this color.  I used it as a base for nail art that ended up coming out bad, but I was very close to just putting it right back on.  The formula was smooth and buttery.  I used two coats without topcoat below.




Next up is OPI Funky Dunkey which is a polish that I wore a few days ago.  If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen a picture of this with Candy Lacquer Licorice Allsorts as an accent nail (my husband told me this polish was like a purple Gobstopper so I took that and ran).  This polish is from the 2010 Shrek Forever After Collection, of which I am desperately trying to collect all the polishes from :)  So far I only have two but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.  

This polish is a medium cool-toned grape purple cream.  I'm not sure how this relates to Donkey but it's a pretty color nonetheless.  The formula was opaque on this one but I did find myself having to touch up some patchy areas with a third coat.  I used two to three coats with topcoat below.




Last up is OPI Shorts Story which is actually what I'm wearing today paired with OPI Rose of Light.  This polish is from the 2009 Bright Pair Collection and it's a cool-toned medium pink cream.  This one definitely stands out in my collection because of how cool-toned it is.  I found the formula to be smooth and buttery and I used two coats with topcoat below.




Surprisingly out of the three, I have to go with Color to Diner For as my favorite!  Do you own any of these polishes?  Which one is your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. not a pink polish myself but when I see swatches I always fall for the pinks, end up buying and never wearing! did you find those at marshalls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are nice colors :) I really like Funky Dunkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shorts Story! One of my fav pinks ever (because it's cool toned like you said) and it's great for nail art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! they are sooooo pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought all but the red one when they came out - that red is gorg - I don't think I ever realized the blue shimmer it has in it

    ReplyDelete
  6. That red is so gorgeous! It's unique too in a way despite being a classic deep red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous you got your hands on Funky Dunky! I missed the whole Shrek collection just before I really got into nail polish. I must have Funky Dunky cause I have a strange love for doneys lol, but of course its nearly impossible to find it now. Good luck finding the rest of the collection, if I happen to come across any of the others I will let you know...I'm not holding my breath though :P

    ReplyDelete