Sunday, June 22, 2014

Shopping My Stash-China Glaze Sun Worshipper

Hi there everyone, welcome to Sunday.  Sorry for no post yesterday, our internet has been pretty unreliable and unusable, especially this weekend.  So we are spending this morning waiting from 8am until noon for the cable company to show up.  This is actually our third weekend in a row doing this.  The first was to fix our cable and dvr and this one and the last service call were for our internet.  I didn't get a post up but I did get a new video out, which is my Summer nail polish picks and you can find it here.  

I've really been in the mindset of wearing whatever colors I want to for the day but I do have some oldies coming up as well as some fun nail art.  Today I have an oldie but this is actually the first time I've worn it.  China Glaze Sun Worshipper is a neon medium orange and it does dry to a matte finish.  I was really happy with how bright and fun this polish was.  The formula was a little thin and streaky and I used three coats with topcoat below.  My only problem with this polish was that it chipped really easily, like big flakes peeling off by the next morning.  That was pretty disappointing.




What do you guys think of this polish?  Do you have it and have the same chipping problem?  I really like the color but will probably skip a full manicure in the future because it really didn't last on me.

3 comments:

  1. I JUST used this for nail art last night- and I'm still unsatisfied because you make it look so great as a full manicure! That's too bad it chips. Such a great color. Also really, really bothersome that CG spelled 'worshipper' with one 'p.' LOL, it really bugs me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this out on two fingers the other day just because I was bored and I HATED it. The colors is beautiful, but the formula was just the worst. I worked as carefully as I could and after four coats it still looked patchy and streaky. I left it on because I had to go to work and it chipped horribly. :(

    I'm really disappointed with it, but I'm going to give it another shot over a white base. Orly Tropical Pop might be a good dupe (though I haven't compared them yet) and the formula is MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete