Sunday, June 8, 2014

Shopping My Stash-OPI Need Sunglasses?

Hi there everyone, welcome to Sunday.  Not much going on here today besides cleaning and getting ready for my friend's baby shower.  I've been binge watching the second season of Orange is the New Black.  I'm already halfway through the season and am really enjoying it.  I like how they are including backgrounds of the inmates, I think it makes the story much more dynamic and interesting.  Today I'm contemplating filming a chit chat get ready with me video.  I guess if that goes well it will be up  next week.  

Today I've got another polish that I consider "shopping my stash".  I was over the moon when I found OPI Need Sunglasses? at a little French shop in St. Maarten.  It's one of those iconic OPI colors since they don't make very many yellows.  I knew the formula wasn't stellar on this one but I still "needed" it for the color.  Let's get right into how it was...


Need Sunglasses? is a yellow crelly that is very sheer.  Besides being extremely sheer, the formula itself was fine.  I did end up using four thin coats to create a fully opaque finish.  Swatches are with topcoat.



Overall I have mixed feelings about this polish.  While I'm happy I have this color in my collection, it's probably not one that I will reach for that often.  What do you think of this color?

4 comments:

  1. Its a fun cherry yellow. I don't have a lot of yellows in my collection personally because sometimes its hard to pull off. It looks very good on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great yellow! I think I only have two yellows in my collection...sometimes I think they look funny on me lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually on my 2nd bottle of this one! Don't love fussing with the formula (grr, yellows, etc...), but I love the way it pops without going neon.

    ReplyDelete