Wednesday, August 27, 2014

China Glaze Stoked to be Soaked

Hi guys, welcome to Wednesday.  Thank you for all the support yesterday as I confessed my current struggles with some depression.  I'm not sure why I always confess emotional things on Tuesdays, it's probably because the Twinsies have become a really close support group.  I do plan on replying to each and every one of you.  I am happy to report that I did drag myself to the doctor yesterday and we came up with a plan and a backup plan if that didn't work.  Said plan is already being implemented (cryptic much?) and I am hopeful.  

There is something else on my mind that I wanted to discuss with you guys.  I've been contemplating the idea of starting a fashion blog, maybe something like outfit/makeup of the day.  I've only recently become interested in makeup and clothes so I'm no expert but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or if I have the guts to do it.  I do think if I do it it will make me happy.  That's what makes me think I should do it.  It would be a big step for me so I wanted to know what you guys think before I make the big leap :)


For today's polish I have a recent clearance find from one of Sally's 50% off clearance sales.  I normally don't find anything in these sales but I checked anyways and I noticed some colors from China Glaze's Summer collection, including this pretty orange number.  For some reason, most of the oranges I own tend to be cool tones and I always need a warm orange peel type color for nail art but never have it.  Here it is!

Stoked to be Soaked is a vibrant warm orange cream and I was happily surprised with both the color and formula of this polish.  I had no formula issues and I used two easy coats with topcoat below.



Overall I'm very pleased with this polish.  I'm not sure when I'll get to the other colors because Summer is flying by but this one is a winner in my book.

3 comments:

  1. i would definitely subscribe if you started a makeup fashion blog! i do all kinds of things on my blog--like you said, whatever makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you happy, I say go for it! This is a fun orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shade - you don't need to stop using it when summer is over - keep it around close for Halloween week and bet you can use it again for some nail art during Thanksgiving as well! Sorry - I don't follow anything anymore to do with makeup or fashion - I am well into only using what I know works for me and over my 40+ years of over buying tons of makeup and skin care that never really got used or only tried and went into the trash in 2 or 4 years.

    ReplyDelete