Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gerber Daisy Mani

Hi there everyone, happy Thursday.  Boy am I glad we are inching our way closer to Friday.  This is probably the longest stretch of time I've been at work in the past few weeks and I'm definitely working for the weekend :)  Things are pretty quiet around here, just chugging along at daily life.  I'm excited for a few things this weekend.  First, I'm getting the OPI Nordic collection in the mail from a friend tomorrow.  Then tomorrow night we are going over to play some board games with our friends that just had the cutest little baby and then Saturday the hubby and I are going to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  He's literally been counting down the days to seeing it.  

Today I have some nails I did about a month ago but I am really proud of them.  Gerber daisies and regular daisies are some of my most favorite flowers.  I'm not sure where this idea came from, but I started googling images of cool looking gerber daisies and ended up with an image of an orange daisy with a sunset colored middle.  I already had the green background on so I took it and ran.
 

To start off, I had already been wearing OPI Don't Mess with OPI as my nail color for that day.  I did do a gradient with another green but my daisies took up so much space that it's not really noticable at all.  To start the flowers, I took a thin nail art brush and painted the petals in a semi-circle on each nail with OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go?  I filled in some details with OPI In My Back Pocket, a slightly darker orange.  

For the middles I started by dotting with Essie Under the Twilight, which is a deep purply blue polish.  I went in with the bright blue, OPI No Room for the Blues and then the orange with OPI Hot & Spicy to bring in color from the petals.  I finished with another layer of dots with Essie Under the Twilight, topcoat, and that was it.




There you have it, a mani inspired by my favorite flowers.  I hope you guys enjoyed this mani, I really loved the final outcome :)  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. These turned out really great! I love the placement- how you only have a partial daisy on each nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mani! I love gerbers and daisies. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Can't believe you were able to be so detailed!

    Love your blog. Just followed you on bloglovin. :)

    Foreverscarlet.com

    ReplyDelete