Thursday, November 6, 2014

China Glaze Choo-Choo Choose You

Hi there everyone, welcome to Thursday.  Yesterday was an interesting day haha!  So I'm not sure if I've mentioned that my in-laws are coming down on Saturday.  So I've been panicking because a.) I need to clean my entire house and I've been exhausted and b.) I have zero ideas for what we can do as a group.  So yesterday I took a half day and slept three and a half hours until my husband got home from work.  I was able to do some cleaning around the house.  It seemed like a great idea until bed time last night when I laid awake the entire night.....oops!  

Thankfully today is my last day of work this week.  I'm taking the day off tomorrow to get the house ready and then my mom is coming down for a craft fair in the afternoon.  Something bizarre that happened though is that yesterday I went to get in my car and I see this pretty black cat sitting in our yard by the pear trees.  We have lots of neighborhood cats so that's normal for us.  I yell hi to it and then leave for work.  This morning I went to leave for work and glance over....there's an orange cat in the exact same spot as the black cat from yesterday.  It was one of the strangest things.  I'll just take it as good luck ;)

Without writing a book this morning I'd better get onto the polish!  Today I have a polish from the China Glaze All Aboard Collection which was one of the collections released this Fall along with The Giver collection.  I do have a few other polishes from this collection but I just haven't gotten around to swatching them.  I did want to show off this polish as it is a really unique one.


Choo-Choo Choose You is a really interesting polish, almost one that's hard to describe.  At it's base it's almost a medium blue-purple color but as you can see it is loaded with shimmer.  The shimmer in this polish has a multi-dimensional effect, which to me mostly looks gold and red and sometimes even olivy green.  

This polish was a little bit on the sheer side with its application so I would recommend three thin coats.  I do also think two thicker coats will work but dry time will be extended if you do it that way.  My swatches show three thin coats with topcoat.  I definitely think the color is worth it.



Props to China Glaze for creating a really awesome and unique color.  I haven't tried the other colors I bought from this collection, but this color is definitely a unique one in my collection!  Did you pick up any polishes from the All Aboard Collection, leave me a comment down below!

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing on your nails! Also it's so funny you found a way to haul polish while sick. Dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most def good luck when 2 kitties show up in the same location!
    I really love this collection. I need to hunt down Don't Get Derailed and Nice Caboose to round out the collection. I remember thinking how meh the collection looked from the promo shots, but once swatches started hitting the net WOW! I knew I needed them all.

    I am glad you are feeling better, but remember, you are healing from the inside out, so still be gentle with yourself and don't over do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so pretty! Makes me want to get my hands on it now.

    ReplyDelete